The Greenhouse is a list of open source software, installation guides and integration examples that are currently provided by member organisations and vendors to support ORCID.
ORCID Communication Examples
Flinders University - ORCID Implementation Pilot Project
Queensland University of Technology - ORCID Implementation Project
University of Newcastle - ORCID Implementation Project
ORCID promotional materials
There is a range of ORCID promtoional materials that you can have produced for campaigns or launches in your organisation. If you would like to purchase these promotional items we have attached a list with options, approximate costs and a supplier.
Promotional material list
Upcoming training and webinars
|17 Feb 2017||12:00 pm||API Upgrade v1.2 - v2.0||Register|
Past training or webinar resources
|09 June 2016||Understanding ORCID Integration||1. Session FAQs
2. Webinar Slides
3. Links used in Webinar
|01 June 2016||AAF/ANDS/CAUL Webinar - Promoting ORCID to your researchers||1. Session FAQ’s
2. Webinar resources
3. Self-service links
Things you should consider before planning your integration
- What benefits will an ORCID integration provide for the organisation?
- What are the organisations priorities for integrating ORCID?
- Who are the potential stakeholders at the organisation that have a vested interest in ORCID?
The points below identify potential benefits your organisation might consider when implementing ORCID and may assist you with your planning activities.
- ability to identify and assist researchers with connecting their work, to their ORCID iD
- ability to integrate ORCID iDs into multiple research systems and workflows
- connect ORCID iDs with vendor-hosted systems and internal systems
- access to frequent data dumps from ORCID when an organisation interacts with the ORCID registry
- ability to analyse and report on academic and research impact
- data synchronisation between ORCID and the organisation.
Once your organisation has identified what type of integration activity they would like to undertake, contact the Consortium Lead so we can provide you with any relevant information that might assist with your planning.
Useful resources for planning and integration
Introduction to the ORCID Member API
This document is intended to start you on the path to developing tools to interacting with the ORCID Registry. This document outlines the typical path followed by API developers.
Support for ORCID in CRIS systems
This webpage provides a list of Current Research Information Systems (CRIS) that have integrated the ORCID API within the system. Details about the various integrations and examples are also included on the same page.
ORCID: Current development - trello board
The board shows the current features that are being developed, future enhancements and their expected completion dates.
ORCID: Bugs - trello board
ORCID’s bug tracking board. It outlines the bugs that have been discovered and the progress to resolve them.
Frequently asked questions about the ORCID API.