What is the Consortium?
ORCID Consortium Model
Download the Australian ORCID Consortium model
What does the community say about the Consortium?
Each year the Australian ORCID Consortium Lead undertakes a community survey to assist with planning activities and strategic direction for the future of the Consortium. The key recommendations from the 2018 survey are as follows:
Engagement and communication
- Maintain communication and outreach of ORCID
- International engagement with the broader ORCID community including other consortia leads, publishers and funders
- Increase visibility and promotion of ORCID benefits to Research Offices
- Clearly communicate the benefits delivered by ORCID.
- Develop use-cases and examples
- Continue to develop, maintain and enhance the current resources (e.g. AAF-Greenhouse and communication suite)
- Develop resources that clearly articulate the benefits of ORCID
- Continue to promote and educate members about the available resources.
Support and Training
- Continue to provide individual consultations for implementing and maintaining ORCID integrations
- Proactively follow up with member organisations to implement ORCID with their systems
- Provide training, presentations and webinars to end-users (researchers) as well as consortium members.