Get started with the federation
The best plan for you will depend on the connection option you chose. There are two connection options available to join the Federation:
- accessing and providing services
- providing a service only
Accessing and providing services
- If your organisation has an authentication service and
- is small to medium the Standard subscription is for you
- is large the Enterprise subscription is for you. You can manage your own connection to the federation or we can manage it on your behalf for an additional fee.
- if your organisation doesn’t have an authentication service
- the Starter subscription is for you
Providing a service only
- the Publisher subscription are for service or platform providers
Learn about your obligations as a subscriber.
EduGAIN is an international service connecting research communities and higher education identity federations globally. By subscribing to the Federation you can connect internationally. It enables sharing of research tools and secure collaboration between researchers, educators and students around the world.
Connecting Australian researchers and services to international research facilities makes collaboration easy.
See the full list of Australian organisations and services connected internationally with eduGAIN.
Learn how to connect internationally in the FAQs.