ORCID in Australia
What is the Australian ORCID Consortium?
In Australia there is an ORCID Consortium which provides a national approach to adoption and integration of ORCID.
The Australian ORCID Consortium maximises benefits for member organisations, provides local support and a range of resources.
What are the benefits of being part of the consortium?
As part of the Australian ORCID Consortium all member institutions will have access to full features of premium ORCID membership for a substantially reduced fee. Premium membership is the highest level of ORCID membership and also comes with local technical support. The main features include:
- access to dedicated, ORCID trained, technical support staff from the Consortium Lead
- access to on boarding webinars , online resources, technical documentation and training materials
- access to and participation in, a growing national and international community to develop best practice, knowledge and skills in research management
- the use of ORCID integration across multiple enterprise systems
- the use of ORCID in vendor-hosted systems as well as separate internal systems
- notifications from ORCID when information is updated in an ORCID record connected to the organisation
- unlimited integrated user acceptance testing in preparation for launches and releases for different enterprise systems.
What is ORCID?
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is an open, non-profit, community-driven effort to create and maintain a registry of unique researcher identifiers and a transparent method of linking research activities and outputs to these identifiers.
Individuals can obtain a free ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) identifier. This digital identifier distinguishes individual researchers from other researchers and enables them to manage their records and search for others in the Registry.
For more detailed information about ORCID or to register for an ORCID iD go the ORCID website.